- 1/4 cup lime juice- about 2 limes
- 1-2 tablespoons (used 3 tablespoons) chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (used table salt)
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (sliced 1/4″-thick)
- 1 (15-oz.) can refried black beans, warmed (didn’t use)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese (used tofeta*)
- Sliced red cabbage, fresh cilantro, guacamole, jalapeño slices, and/or lime wedges for serving.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine lime juice, chipotles to taste, honey garlic and salt in a blender. Process until mostly smooth**. Place cauliflower in a large bowl, add the sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the onion slices on top.
- Roast, stirring once, until the cauliflower is tender and browned in spots, 18 to 20 minutes. (I pulled the vegetables out a little earlier since the sauce had cooked away and the onions were getting a tiny bit burnt. The cauliflower had not browned in spots but it was tender.)
- Serve the vegetables and beans in tortillas, topped with cheese and garnished with cabbage, cilantro, guacamole, jalapeños and/or lime wedges.
*I used tofeta instead of acutal cheese (not in the picture) and it worked really well with the taco.
**I never put the chipotle mixture in the blender, I just put the ingredients in a bowl, stirred to combine and poured over the cauliflower afterwards.
I really love Game of Thrones and it was fuckin’ depressing thinking about the series coming to an end and not knowing who else might die on that final episode. So I wanted some comfort food to make me feel better. I know some of you might not think of cauliflower tacos as comfort food but it’s something that I love to eat and it makes me feel emotionally better afterwards ! In fact, this is one of my very favorite vegan recipes !
The cauliflower and onions were super tasty from being cooked with and absorbing the sauce mixture ! A nice mix of acidity and heat !! I forgot to use the black beans, jalapeños, lime wedges, and hadn’t made the guacamole yet. Even without all those things it was excellent ! Easy to be a vegan with food like these tacos !
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do !
Recipe source unknown.
Take care y’all !