- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I used Colavita Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used table salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes and place them in a shallow bowl. Add the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and oregano and toss to combine.
- Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through. The tofeta is now ready to remove from the marinade and use in recipes. Refrigerate any unused tofeta in the marinade in a tightly covered container. Properly stored, it will keep for 3 days.
Makes 4 servings
This recipe came from “Vegan on the Cheap” by Robin Robertson.
I wasn’t paid in any form to mention Colavita or “Vegan on the Cheap” by Robin Robertson.
Take care y’all !