- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 9 ounces white button mushrooms (finely chopped) (I thinly sliced the mushrooms and then cut them into 3-5 pieces in the opposite direction)
- Handful baby spinach
- 2 stalks scallions (finely chopped) (I thinly sliced the scallions)
- 2 small cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot chili oil (or less if you don’t like it too spicy) (used 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (used reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (used creamy peanut butter)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt (used table salt)
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8-9 minutes, until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a pan over high heat, add peanut oil, celery and mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes, until mushrooms are beginning to turn a golden brown color. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Add sauce to the spaghetti and toss until the noodles are evenly coated. Season with salt until you are satisfied with the taste.
- Add mushroom mix, spinach and scallions to the noodles and toss well. Serve.
This recipe came from pickledplum.
I wasn’t paid in any form to mention pickledplum.
Take care y’all !