- 2 eggs (Now I use 6 tablespoons of JUST egg)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (used reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame), thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (used reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Crushed red pepper (optional) (Optional?! What would life be without some heat? So hell yeah, use that bad boy ! Your taste buds will thank you !)
- In a small bowl beat eggs and the 1 teaspoon soy sauce. In a wok or large skillet (used a large skillet) heat toasted sesame oil over medium heat. Add eggs; stir gently until set*. Remove eggs; cool slightly. Cut eggs into strips.
- In the same skillet heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add cabbage; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add edamame and peas; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add rice and the 2 tablespoons soy sauce; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until heated. Add egg strips and green onions; cook and stir 1 minute. If desired, top with crushed red pepper.
*I didn’t stir the eggs. I let the eggs cook until the first side was almost done; flipped the eggs over and cooked them until they were slightly browned on both sides.
Makes 4 servings.
This used to be one of my and my daughter’s favorite recipes back when we used to eat eggs. When I went vegan my daughter tried to support me as much as she could and with a heavy heart we stopped making this recipe. When I heard about JUST Egg, I was so excited because this was the first recipe that popped in my head as being something to try JUST Egg out with. When I realized it would do great in strips, I knew what I was going to be fixing for dinner the next day ! This is just as great with the JUST Egg as I remember the original recipe tasting ! I’m so giddy that it can still be one of our favorite recipes ! I’m so happy to finally be able to share this recipe with you and I hope that you enjoy it as much as my daughter and I do !
Recipe source unknown.
I wasn’t paid in any form to promote JUST Egg, I just really like the product !
Take care y’all !