- 2 cups uncooked white or brown basmati rice, to serve (used brown basmati rice)
- 2 cups brown or green lentils
- 8 cups chopped leafy greens: spinach, kale, or chard (used baby spinach)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (used Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Place the lentils in a saucepan with 6 cups warm water. Bring to a low boil, then boil for about 20 minutes until tender (taste to assess doneness). Drain, then add a few pinches of salt.
- Meanwhile, wash the greens, remove the stems and chop the leaves. (If using prewashed baby spinach, you can skip this step.) In your largest skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the greens and sauté for several minutes until tender and bright green.
- When the lentils are done, add them to the skillet with the greens. Over medium high heat, stir in the coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, tomato paste, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for a few minutes until heated through and the sauce is thickened.
- Taste and add a few pinches of salt if desired. Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 – 6
Normally I stick to just one portion of a meal but as soon as I tasted this, I knew that wasn’t going to happen. This is fucking delicious !
This recipe came from “a couple cooks”.
I wasn’t paid in any form to promote Thai Kitchen or “a couple cooks”.
Take care y’all !