- 4 breaded faux-chicken patties (used frozen Morning Star Farms Original Chik Patties)
- 1 cup hot sauce (used Frank’s RedHot Original)
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (used Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons vegan bacon bits (used McCormick Bac’n Pieces Bits)
- 4 whole wheat or spelt hamburger buns (used whole wheat buns)
- 4 leaves romaine, red leaf, green leaf, or Bibb lettuce (used romaine lettuce)
- 1 medium Roma tomato, sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Marinate patties in hot sauce for 10 minutes. Remove the paaties from the hot sauce and place them on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, turning them halfway through (I flipped them after 8 minutes).
- While the patties are baking, stir together the mayonnaise and bacon bits. Toast the hamburger buns. To assemble, spread the mayonnaise mixture on both sides of each hamburger bun. Put the patties, lettuce, and tomato on the sandwiches and close them up.
This is a nice quick dish to make for lunch or dinner ! It takes a few bites for the heat to build from the hot sauce but the heat never overwhelms the sandwich. You may want to double the bacon mayo mixture if you make it ahead of time. It seemed to thicken as it sat. One recipe’s worth of the bacon mayo for us was not enough. It was enough for 2 but not quite 3 sandwiches.
This recipe came from “Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food” by Alicia C. Simpson.
I wasn’t paid in any form to promote Morning Star Farms, Frank’s RedHot, Follow Your Heart, McCormick or “Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food” by Alicia C. Simpson.
Take care y’all !